NOVO seeks the best and the brightest to join our team to enhance and expand the living experiences of our tenants and properties. If you are interested in being considered for career opportunities at NOVO, please submit your resume and information below. For any questions, please contact HR@livenovo.com.
NOVO is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment. It is the policy of NOVO and the responsibility of every NOVO employee to treat our colleagues fairly and with dignity and respect. NOVO will provide equal employment opportunity for all persons by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship status, union support or other protected group status as defined by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Current Career Opportunities
The Property Manager is responsible for excellent customer service in the daily management and coordination of all aspects of multi-family rental operations; maximization of cash flow while preserving assets; achievement of budgeted NOI; providing a quality living environment for residents; establishing a positive working environment for property team members; and leading by example.
Reports To: Regional Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Property Manager will report to the regional manager and work together to meet the owner’s goals and objectives.
- Responsible for achievement of net income, revenue growth, rent collection, and property financial performance compared to the annual operating budget.
- Responsible for timely rent collection, minimizing delinquencies, banking activities with daily deposits, preparation of collection documents, personally contacting residents to collect overdue rent, collecting late charges, and make court appearances when necessary.
- Accurate and timely preparation of statement of security deposit, rent payment deposits, payroll documents, accounts payable and Profit and Loss Variance.
- Monitor and direct service operations to ensure turnover and make readies preventative maintenance tasks are completed and on schedule.
- Serve as property representative in court proceedings, understanding all property legal issues affecting residency, storage, abandonment, bankruptcy, fair housing and unlawful detainee/eviction actions.
- Monitor direction of rental activity and all on-site sales, marketing outreach, and advertising plans.
- Monitor daily move-in/move-out reports; verify accuracy and completeness of lease packages, follow-up daily on all notices to vacate to determine reason for moving and the possibility of renewal. Ensure timely processing of move-outs.
- Monitor compliance with Fair Housing regulations, HUD regulations if applicable, and other laws as they relate to property specific guidelines and occupancy standards.
- Review resident retention programs and modify to meet resident needs and improve retention.
- Customer Service/Safety
- Daily inspection of the property and market ready units for curb appeal, safety and over-all condition.
- Provide excellent customer service by answering phone by third (3rd) ring; with same day or maximum 24-hour follow up, and by having a courteous and professional attitude toward all customers.
- Available for emergencies, on-call duties, resident functions, and weekends.
- Supervision of assistant property manager, administrative assistant, and maintenance engineers.
- Train, coach, and mentor team members; ensure team members receive the necessary training to adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Provide ongoing feedback to team members. Evaluate team members through scheduled formal written performance reviews and informal monthly reviews. Take corrective action as necessary according to company policy.
- Provide recommendations for compensation adjustments, promotions, and terminations.
- Perform other duties as required.
- College degree (BA or BS preferred), ARM, CPM, CAM, CAPS or other applicable industry designation preferred.
- Yardi experience or computerized accounting experience.
- At least 2-3 years property management experience.
- One-year experience in direct supervision of staff of two or more.
- Knowledge of budgets and financial statements as well as the ability to work within budget guidelines.
- Working knowledge of eviction law, Fair Housing mandates and other legal issues affecting property management
- Working knowledge of subsidized government housing is a plus.
- Bilingual and able to read, write and speak English and Spanish proficiently.
This position is responsible for maintaining the day-to-day operations and to the physical asset of the property under the direction of the Property Manager. Responsibilities include completing all maintenance service requests as assigned, monitoring, and maintaining all building systems.
Reports to: Property Manager
- Responsible for 24hr emergency service as required.
- Respond quickly to work orders and proactively fix and repair items as identified and as directed by the Property Manager.
- Respond quickly to deficiencies found in preventative maintenance inspections.
- Provide carpentry and sheet rock repair.
- Repair/patch carpet and re-stitches, installs vinyl tile.
- Cut keys and re-key locks.
- Deliver excellent customer service.
- Ensure effective and timely follow up with residents, vendors, and property manager on all maintenance services provided.
- Respond to all on-call emergencies in a timely fashion.
- Cleanup work area and leave exit card in home upon completion.
- Maintain a professional courteous manner with all residents, vendors, contractors and fellow employees especially in stressful situations.
- HVAC Certified is a plus.
- Electrical and Plumbing expertise.
- Ability to perform plumbing repairs, electric, drywall, painting, caulking, basic carpentry and appliance repairs.
- 3-4 years’ experience in residential property maintenance.
- Must be able to exert 25 to 50 pounds of force occasionally and /or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly.
- Must have experience in operating K50 and 1500 drain machines.
- Must be able responsible for emergency maintenance after hours’ calls, including nights and weekends.
- Must be able to pass maintenance test.
- Must have reliable transportation to respond to emergency calls.
- Background screening/drug testing will be required.
The Assistant Property Manager is responsible for providing excellent customer service and coordinating all aspects of the apartment community operation. The Assistant Property Manager assists the Property Manager in the day-to-day operation of multi-family HUD and RD properties; assumes leadership and initiative in the absence of the Property Manager.
Reports To: Property Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet prospects and pre-qualify by covering all criteria (ask questions; utilize completed guest cards, ).
- Immediately record all telephone and in-person visits on appropriate reports.
- Files guest cards and maintain according to established procedures.
- Demonstrate features and benefits of the community and link to tenants needs; close the sale.
- Have prospect complete application and secure deposit in accordance with company procedures and Fair Housing requirements.
- Update availability report, process applications for approvals (i.e. credit check, rental history, ). Submit processed applications to the Asset Manager or Chief of Operations Officer for approval. Follow up with applicant regarding status.
- Ensure apartment is ready for resident to move-in on agreed date.
- Immediately follow-up on prospects that did not close and attempt to close sale again. If unable to help prospect, refer them to sister communities to meet prospect’s needs.
- Secure new residents ‘ signature(s) on appropriate paperwork prior to move-in. Orient new residents to community.
- Monitor renewals, initiate wellness calls 60-90 days before renewal date. Distribute follow-up on renewal notices.
- Assist in monitoring advertising effectiveness by reviewing and commenting on marketing material.
- Distribute all company or community-issued notices.
- Ability to always represent the company in a professional manner.
- Operate computers programmed with accounting software to record, store, and analyses information.
- Understand the Apartment Community lease and contracted credit report application.
- Accept rental payments and post rents to the computer.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Record monies collected and prepare bank deposit slips on an on-going basis.
- Debit, credit and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases using specialized accounting software.
- Ensure that all proper and legal documents are received, current, accurately verified and entered into the computer from new vendors, prior to payment being processed.
- Support Property Managers regarding accuracy of invoices received; that purchase orders are attached and invoices are coded correctly, according to company procedures.
- Support Property Manager to ensure that all invoices received from the properties are approved, entered, and paid in a timely manner.
- Support Property Manager to check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
- Support Property Manager to prepare statement of accounting notices for past residents.
- Support Property Manager to prepare, review and close financial books for assigned properties on a monthly basis.
- Support Property Manager to prepare and review quarterly and year end reports.
- Provide accounting support to Property Managers.
- Assist in lease transactions by typing leases, gathering applicants’ history and credit approvals.
- Maintain accurate monthly commission sheets on leases, renewals, and delinquencies for bonus purposes.
- Assume Property Manager’s duties/authority in absence of immediate supervisor in accordance with company guidelines.
- Receive all phone calls and in-person visits. Listen to resident requests, concerns, and comments.
- Support Property Manager to ensure maintenance service requests are completed quickly. Answer questions for residents about community, repairs, rent, rules, etc. Follow up on a timely basis if unable to respond to residents on all matters.
- Ensure all maintenance repairs are handled satisfactorily by contacting residents with completed service requests on a weekly basis.
- Maintain open communication with Property Manager and maintenance team.
- Contribute to cleanliness and curb appeal of the community on a continuing basis.
- Assist in planning resident functions. Attend functions and participate as host for any functions as directed by the property manager.
- Advise residents of referral concessions (if permitted)
- Assist in placing, removing/updating banners, balloons, bandit signs, flags, etc.
- Distribute newsletters, pamphlets, flyers, etc.
- Assist in conducting market surveys and shop competitive communities.
- HUD & RD Properties Knowledge
- Communication Proficiency
- Customer/Client Focus
- Decision Making
- Financial Management
- Results Driven
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent vocational/technical training
- Two years of industry experience
- Yardiexperience a plus
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday – Friday, 8:30am to 5:30pm. Some weekends are required. Travel is expected between local properties.