NOVO is currently seeking to fill the following positions to join our team in enhancing and expanding the living experiences of our tenants and properties.
Maintain the day-to-day operations and to assume responsibility for maintaining the physical asset of the property.
Reports to: Property Manager
Maintain all mechanical, electrical plumbing fixtures and equipment in excellent working conditions
- Responsible for 24hr emergency service as required
- Respond quickly to work orders and proactively fix and repair items as identified and as directed by the Property Manager.
- Respond quickly to deficiencies found in preventative maintenance inspections.
- Provide carpentry and sheet rock repair
- Repair/patch carpet and re-stitches, installs vinyl tile
- Cut keys and re-key locks
- Deliver excellent customer service
- Ensure effective and timely follow up with residents, vendors, and property manager on all maintenance services provided
- Respond to all on-call emergencies in a timely fashion
- Clean up work area and leave exit card in home upon completion
- Maintain a professional courteous manner with all residents, vendors, contractors and fellow employees especially in stressful situations
- HVAC Certified is a plus
- Electrical and Plumbing expertise
- Ability to perform plumbing repairs, electric, drywall, painting, caulking, basic carpentry and appliance repairs
- 3-4 years experience in residential property maintenance
- Must be able to exert 25 to 50 pounds of force occasionally and /or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly
- Must have experience in operating K50 and 1500 drain machines
- Must be able responsible for emergency maintenance after hours’ calls, including nights and weekends
- Must be able to pass maintenance test
- Must have reliable transportation to respond to emergency calls
- Background screening/drug testing will be required
Compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical, dental and 401k plan. Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please send resume to HR@livenovo.com.
The Property Manager is responsible for excellent customer service in the daily management and coordination of all aspects of multi-family rental operations; maximization of cash flow while preserving assets; achievement of budgeted NOI; providing a quality living environment for residents; establishing a positive working environment for property team members; and leading by example.
Reports To: Regional Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Property Manager will report to the regional manager and work together to meet the owner’s goals and objectives.
- Responsible for achievement of net income, revenue growth, rent collection, and property financial performance compared to the annual operating budget.
- Responsible for timely rent collection, minimizing delinquencies, banking activities with daily deposits, preparation of collection documents, personally contacting residents to collect overdue rent, collecting late charges, and make court appearances when necessary.
- Accurate and timely preparation of statement of security deposit, rent payment deposits, payroll documents, accounts payable and Profit and Loss Variance.
- Monitor and direct service operations to ensure turnover and make readies preventative maintenance tasks are completed and on schedule.
- Serve as property representative in court proceedings, understanding all property legal issues affecting residency, storage, abandonment, bankruptcy, fair housing and unlawful detainee/eviction actions.
- Monitor direction of rental activity and all on-site sales, marketing outreach, and advertising plans.
- Monitor daily move-in/move-out reports; verify accuracy and completeness of lease packages, follow-up daily on all notices to vacate to determine reason for moving and the possibility of renewal. Ensure timely processing of move-outs.
- Monitor compliance with Fair Housing regulations, HUD regulations if applicable, and other laws as they relate to property specific guidelines and occupancy standards.
- Review resident retention programs and modify to meet resident needs and improve retention.
- Customer Service/Safety
- Daily inspection of the property and market ready units for curb appeal, safety and over-all condition.
- Provide excellent customer service by answering phone by third (3rd) ring; with same day or maximum 24-hour follow up, and by having a courteous and professional attitude toward all customers.
- Available for emergencies, on-call duties, resident functions, and weekends.
- Supervision of assistant property manager, administrative assistant, and maintenance engineers.
- Train, coach, and mentor team members; ensure team members receive the necessary training to adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Provide ongoing feedback to team members. Evaluate team members through scheduled formal written performance reviews and informal monthly reviews. Take corrective action as necessary according to company policy.
- Provide recommendations for compensation adjustments, promotions, and terminations.
- Perform other duties as required.
- College degree (BA or BS preferred), ARM, CPM, CAM, CAPS or other applicable industry designation preferred.
- Yardi experience or computerized accounting experience.
- At least 2-3 years property management experience.
- One-year experience in direct supervision of staff of two or more.
- Knowledge of budgets and financial statements as well as the ability to work within budget guidelines.
- Working knowledge of eviction law, Fair Housing mandates and other legal issues affecting property management
- Working knowledge of subsidized government housing is a plus.
Yes, travel is expected between 2-3 local properties.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire.
NOVO Properties is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, short term disability, life insurance and 401k plan. Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please send resume to HR@livenovo.com.
Interested in Applying for a Position Above?
Please submit your qualifications and resume below in reference to any of the above listed positions.